Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zac-ersations

This kid kills me sometimes. Today he had his class field trip to Chateau de Breteuil, which meant he needed to be at school 15 minutes early. I chose his outfit carefully. I've basically dressed the kid very American since I've been here. He was supposed to wear a hat today. He had two. One looked like it belonged to a five year old, and the other was a Harley Davidson one. He also has a Harley t-shirt. So I paired those with his new shorts and Birks. He looked cool. I shaped the hat and showed him how to wear it slightly sideways and also backwards. He did his best rapper imitation which was just too cool. When he showed his father, he stood up with Zac and danced like a rapper too.

When I picked him up from school, he had has hat backwards and the side rolled up a bit. I asked him why and he said "So I don't have Dumbo ears." I think they are cute, but maybe my opinion doesn't matter.We had to walk to Rue Cler to get some fruit and on the way back we stopped at Cafe Columbus to get him a chocolate donut. The conversation was making me laugh the entire time. I've realized that he's picked up on my vocabulary. Namely "like".

Conversation 1

Connie: Zac, tell me about the chateau you saw today.
Zac: Well we didn't see much of the chateau, but the bus was really fun.
Connie: OK. Um, did anyone get in trouble?
Zac: No, but a girl cried.
Connie: Why? Did she get hurt?
Zac: No it was so weird. A ver de terre got on her and she screamed and cried. And I was like, "Why are you crying?"
Connie: What is a ver de terre?
Zac: Um, well, it's uh on the ground and pink and um.
Connie: A worm?
Zac: Yeah, a wum! She cried Connie. That is so weird.

Conversation 2

Connie: Did you talk to Emma today?
Zac: A little, but not really.
Connie: What boys do the girls like?
Zac: Oh they LOVE Theophile and I don't know why.
Connie: Is he your friend?
Zac: Well it's like everyone thinks of him funny and it's like this girl Victoria will do something funny and then Theophile will do the same thing and they laugh. And I'm like "He is copying." So I just don't laugh.

Conversation 3

Zac: I am soooo happy right now!
Connie: Why?
Zac: Because I am with you and I haven't seen you all day!

Conversation 4

Zac: So like when you go back to Texas and I come to see you, you will have a baby.
Connie: .......
Zac: Maybe?
Connie: Zac that was random.
Zac: I was just thinking about it and thought I'd ask.

We sat at the cafe for a while and made up a game with a 2 centime piece. We thumped it across the table to try to make goals. We tied. Game over. He enjoyed the game more than me.It's sad that I don't get this kind of time with the other kids, but I do love having my 7 year old shadow with me at all times. He's the best company I could ask for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie Con,
So now you know how I felt with you and Paula shadow me. Loved it!!! love ya both MOM

The Barnyards said...

This is too sweet. I love this kid! Jonah would probably love him too.