Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lazy Day Picnic

Today the kid didn't have school. He went to the amusement park yesterday so I knew he would want to sleep in. I sat on the couch and read until 10:00, when I woke him up. He had breakfast, then picked out a movie to watch at my flat. While he watched Harry Potter, I started another book, so I was able to read for another two hours. Lucky me. What a job! Afterwards, we packed up our lunches to head to Eiffel Tower to meet up with my American friend, Brian, for a picnic. He got out of class and met up with us.

I finally broke in my new "towel" which was one of my Christmas gifts from the family, but actually intended for the beach. I figured it could be a picnic blanket as well. I surprised Zac by putting a saucisson in his lunch, so he was a happy boy. Brian had the anti-picnic lunch, thai food. We sat in the shade and soaked up the beautiful day. I let Zac bring his Finding Nemo ball. It might be his most favorite possession. Once he got a little bored of playing, I handed my camera over to him so that he could play Photographer Zac. His beloved Nemo ball. He took about fifteen pictures of it. For this picture he put the camera on timer and propped it on a water bottle for the unique view.Brian and I just chilled and talked about upcoming travel plans. We intended to do a tour of Scotland and Ireland in August, but I suggested doing a tour of Europe by train instead. We would have time to hit a lot more places. I'm getting excited about summer! By this time, Zac had made about 17 new friends. The kid just attracts people. Everyone always loves him! He was worn out. He played soccer alone in front of us and then on the playground behind us. He kept coming back saying "Water!!!" then running off again. After a while, he just played alone for a while in a tree. Don't you miss those days?After being there for a couple of hours, we gathered up our things and walked around a bit. Zac couldn't handle it. Brian was giving him a hard time and trying to get him to talk with a "cool" American accent. There was just no way. Not going to happen. His French accent will never go away.This is him making friends with the kids on their donkey ride. He was talking to them through the back of the little cart. He was knocked out. I've never seen him this exhausted. Not a bad view, eh?
There are only a couple more weeks left of school. Then it's summer break! Lots of travel plans for sure. Which means I work all day long. Oh dear. I must brace myself. Gulp.

2 comments:

megan k said...

The black and white of him in the tree? Did you play with that on photoshop?

connie said...

Yes, I did. However it was on Lightroom, not Photoshop. I'm not skilled enough to work with that program :)