It was a great Friday night. While I was at work I made rice and the Tian de Legumes dish that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago. Then I took it home for my friend Johanna and I to eat for dinner. I've never had it with rice, but it was fantastic! She lives in Neuilly so I suggested that she just stay the night with me. EuroDisney was the Saturday destination.

After eating, we just played. We listened to music on her favorite site, we read some cool studies and discussed them, and we ate. We actually went through a whole bottle of orange juice. Tropicana sans pulpe takes juice to a whole different level. I learned a little bit of Swedish as well. Johanna has Finnish parents, but grew up in Stockholm. So yes, she speaks English, Finnish, Swedish, and she's learning French. Impressive. She was trying to ask me about a few verses, but the translation was coming out so odd that I couldn't tell her where they were. Instead, she found them in her Swedish bible and then we corresponded it to my English one. I just love seeing the bible in different languages.

Skatter i himlen = Treasures in heaven

Den kristna familjen = The Christian family

She showed me this site called
Deezer where you can listen to music without downloading it. She played for me some really good Swedish music and even some fun Swedish rap on You Tube.

With all the reading and laughing we were doing, we were building up an appetite. We munched the whole night. She had a banana and I had my favorite snack, Pink Lady apple with peanuts. This has been my favorite snack for years, however I used to eat Granny Smith's but I'm a recent Pink Lady convert and might never go back.

The big festivity for the morning was to celebrate Johanna's 20th birthday! I was so honored that I could be the first one to wish her a happy birthday. We snoozed for a really long time before actually waking up. Once we did, we stumbled down all the stairs to the boulangerie to get a baguette de tradition (the best). When we got back, Johanna took out a piece of cake that she baked yesterday and we lit a candle and I sang the Happy Birthday song in a varied fashion of operatic, soft and acoustic, and baritone. And she blew out her candle to ring in the end of her teens.

To fully paradoxically celebrate her adulthood, she decided to go to EuroDisney. I would have loved to go, but I cannot, absolutely cannot, handle rollercoasters. If you want to kill me, just put me on one. I plan to meet up at the end of the night to join in on the festivities. So I sent her off on her way to see Minnie and Mickey and all the gang. At least now you can see what my stairwell looks like. Happy Birthday Johanna. I love you friend! I will miss you more than you know when you move back to Suede.

Oh and it happens to be
Fete de la Musique all day today as well. I can hear music now just pouring through my windows. The festival is celebrating the first day of Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment