Friday, June 13, 2008

Rue Cler, oh Rue Cler, how you call my name...

It's about 10:30 in the morning and I just got home. After dropping Zac off at school, I made my way to Rue Cler. It's a pretty famous market street in Paris. By the looks of it, it isn't too wonderful, but once you step into one of the market shops you are taken by the colors and smells and textures. All the produce looked so amazing! I can shop at the grocery store near my flat for free food (family account), but their fruit and veggies dim in comparison. I stocked up on Pink Lady apples, bananas, strawberries, cherries, kiwi, onions, garlic, cantaloupe, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, and I think that might be it. I wanted more but I had to show some restraint.I stopped by the store to get some cashews, almonds, and peanuts to eat with my fruit. I guess it's my way of balancing the proteins, fats, and carbs. I came back up to my flat to chop up my Breakfast of Champions. I also found a way to use my new, lovely bowl! Now I have a chair full of bowlies (if you don't know who Mary Engelbreit is, then you won't get that joke).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connie,

I know your going to cook for me when get over there. I'm sooo Proud of YOU! MOM