Friday, June 6, 2008

My gift to myself...

Today I was out in the city shopping for some special people that I miss. I went to one of my favorite stores, called La Maison Ivre, which sells all things beautiful that go in the kitchen. It has over twenty artists' products displayed, and each one is so unique and handmade. Soon after I arrived in Paris, I had seen it on a Sunday while walking in the 6th, and made sure to come back the next week to check it out. I fell in love with one artist's designs on serviettes (cloth napkins), torchons (dish towels), and tabliers (aprons). I went today knowing exactly what I wanted to get. Being the wanderer that I am, I found a table with things of a new artist. I loved all of it. There were bowls and plates, but not much else. The owner told me that the artist is actually a canvas painter, but wanted to give ceramics and pottery a try. One bowl caught my eye because I felt like it was a picture of me. I'm a little kooky and get things that are not necessarily necessity items, but it spoke to me. I love my new bowl.And I love naps.

No comments: