I haven't taken many photos of the bridges of Paris. My tour will take you along my nightly jog. I start at my place and go by Assemblee Nationale to the river, then along it to Pont Des Arts where I watch the sun start to set, then to Notre Dame where I sit near the water. That's where I turn around. I walk back down the river on the other side and end up by the Louvre, where I always lay down on the grass to watch the sun go down. After that, I finish by walking through the Jardin des Tuileries to Place de la Concorde to Pont Alexandre III down to Les Invalides.
However, today I started at the Alexandre III bridge because the gold was so darn shiny. And now, I bring to you, my nightly journeys...
Pont Solferino viewing the Louvre, Notre Dame, and Musee d'Orsay
From my bench on the Pont des Arts
Pont des Arts from the river level
The Pont Neuf from river level
This is the place that I sit every night on the river to watch the sun go down. The view on my left.
I sit right here because it's close to a ladder. I take precautions.
The view on my right. Notre Dame and Sainte-Chapelle.
These are all along the bank walls for the boats to anchor.
A street painter
Sainte-Chapelle
The Tour de l'Horloge, a 14th century clock tower. It was the first public clock in Paris. It's older than America. Doesn't that just blow your mind?
Pont Neuf on the Right Bank side
Inside the central square of the Louvre

Entrance to the Jardin des Tuileries from the Louvre. Notice in the center you can see the Arc de Triomphe and Luxor lined by the Champs Elysees.
My favorite statue at the Jardin des Tuileries
My last view before disappearing into my neighborhood.
It was a good day. I am glad this was how I celebrated my one year anniversary. I love my Paris.

No comments:
Post a Comment