While I was at the park with Zac and the boys, I asked Kouros' mom if she knew. She said it was fennel. Great. Okay so what is fennel? She said it had a licorice flavor to it, but if she buys it, it's already cooked. While we were sitting there, an older woman with kids walked by and she asked the woman if she knew how to cook it. The women said it goes well with fish. Good good, I'm getting more clues.
Once I got home, I googled "fish and fennel". I found a few recipes and one of them said it goes well with a tomato sauce since it takes away the bite of strong licorice flavor. That's what I did. I sauteed it with olive olive and baked the cod in the oven. It looked very gourmet. I forgot to take a picture of the fennel, sorry.
The best part was this morning when I got to the house. I have a correspondence book for my boss and I to write in. We don't see each other too often and this book is a lifesaver. At the beginning of my position, she would tell me things and I would forget, and vice versa. So hence my idea for the book. Anyhow, it's the first thing I look at upon arriving to work. Today I smiled. What a great compliment!
It motivates me to try more things!

No comments:
Post a Comment