Thursday, July 3, 2008

"I Hate Goodbyes."

Days have been long lately. Since school is out, I work from 8:00-8:30. No, not thirty minutes. That's twelve hours and thirty minutes. Last week I thought it would be cool for Zac and his best friend get together for the last time before they both leave on Summer vacations. Kouros' mom thought it would be a great idea. We made plans to meet up this morning at noon, so that I could take them. When she showed up she said that her older son wanted to play with them too, so we made it a group affair. She and I have spoken on numerous occasions and got along well. However, today we hit it off. She and I laughed for hours straight. The boys had fun too, I guess.

When we first arrived at the "jardin" we walked right towards the bee farm. I am not sure if that's what it's called, but that's what I am calling it. Bees were everywhere. We walked onto the grass, which is a big no-no and were chased off by security while he was blowing his whistle at us. Then we walked to this fountain that is an optical illusion. It looks as if the water is sloping down. It is supposed to be some sort of irony with the French. I was told what it was, but I didn't understand it. We found a patch of grass where we parked our bottoms to have our picnic. We assumed it was off limits, but didn't see a sign so we sat there anyway. The boys were bouncing all over the place. We could hardly get them to eat. After about thirty minutes we were chased off and had the whistle in our ears again. The boys got yelled at by the security man. He was screaming in French to them that it's the second time he's had to tell them that it's a garden and not a playground. What a grouch!

Bees, bees, bees...The fountain that tricks the eye, kind of.Our intention was to go to the massive playground, but the boys seemed so distracted by the sailboats for rent. Kouros' mom got one for the boys and that was their entertainment. For two hours she and I just sat by the fountain and talked while they ran around chasing their sailboat. What a day!The view from where we sat.On our way out she told me that she found an art studio that sells tickets that allow you to come in at optional times during the week to sketch. She actually moved to Paris to attend art school, so she's always drawing. On our way to the metro she took me by the studio which was such the quaint, typical art school. I LOVED it. I couldn't help but grab pictures of it. I can't wait to go check it out and begin drawing again.We found ourselves at an intersection on Rue de Raspail. This was the parting point. Sadly, they said their goodbyes for two months. How emotional! These boys are so cute, I just can't get over it.

No comments: