I have a lot of time on my hands. I just got internet today for the first time all week. It's quite a blessing honestly. The wifi at the house is not working and the only way to get it to work is to go into the massive electrical closet, stand on a chair, connect the 6-inch cable from the router into my computer. However, my computer is on a shelf above my head because of the pesky 6-inch cable. I decided it wasn't worth it. One of the relatives just bought a 10-meter cable so that it wouldn't be so much of an ordeal. But I'll post this and spend go back to the no-wifi way of life.
Because of it, I haven't been able to plan a short holiday for next week. Or for my August vacation time. I figure I will just do it when I get back to Paris. I brought a book, Redeeming Love, which gets close to 500 pages. I read it in two days. I've found a few English books here that aren't locked up, but they are all from the mid-1800s. Literally I read in an 18th century house library with a fire going, in a chair with embroidered cushions. Nothing like that feeling.
We've taken a couple day trips so far. One to Honfleur, the oldest village in Normandie and the other to La Mont Saint Michel. I will post a few new blogs this coming weekend. It's been raining just about every day. I had plans to do some long runs and go swimming, but neither have happened. Just me, books, and a fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My dad's been to La Mont. He ran a marathon in Paris when I was a kid, he sent me a postcard with La Mont on the front and the whole 'village' around it. I saved the postcard hoping one day I would get to see it. Will you send me a picture of it?
Sure Meeeg. I will post a handful of them on the blog this weekend, but I'll email you a couple too. Love you girl!
Post a Comment