My train was scheduled to leave at 8:30pm on Friday night, having me arrive around 10:00pm. The grandparents were surprised and said I should try to leave earlier. I thought about it and thought it would be great, so I kept that idea in mind. Once Friday came around, I was going to ask if it would be possible. I decided I would. But after lunch I took a long nap. I was woken up by the grandmother asking if I wanted to go to the beach. Groggy, I said okay. I didn't have time to put on my swimsuit or to grab towel. They were all packed anyway. Within five minutes, I was in the car driving to the coast.
The clouds were big. They were dark. I've never seen a clear blue sky in Normandie. We arrived after about thirty minutes of driving. The beach we came to was beautiful, but the sand was less than favorable. It was pretty much made of broken sea shells. Ouch. Aye! I have no idea what the name of the beach was. I asked three times but forgot it as soon as I repeated it to myself.
The kids ran into the water while we got adjusted on the sand. By the time I got my camera out and ready and walked down to them, they all ran back to dry off. The water was freezing and it wasn't worth it to them. Despite that, I ran out on to this patch of sand that extended into the water. I took some pics, experimented a bit. All until the water came quick and washed away the strip of sand I was on and soaked my rolled-up jeans.




I had no idea this kid was behind me until I started editing the photos. He's the king of the world.
I love and miss you guys!
Time for gouter!
Zac, Angela, me.
I'm glad I taught Zac how to use my camera. It's not easy, I'll say that. At least now I have someone to help document my time here. Now I'll have some pics of myself so it actually shows that I was at the places that I photograph. This is actually the first time I've seen a picture of myself and first thought I looked like my dad and not like my mom. Strange. Maybe it's that my hair is back to my natural stark dark color and my half smile.
I was tempted to play with these guys, but once I saw that half of them were playing sand volleyball with shoes and socks, I scoffed. Why? Why?
French men summed up in one photo. I couldn't help myself.
The world's most perfect snack.
The kids had fun making sand castles. Any time Matteo made one, he would say, "Hey, photo, take." I had oodles of photos of his darn sandcastles. Then Angela started doing her African dance. I didn't know what in the world she was doing and her grandmother told me that it's a class that her and Matteo were in. My response was, "okay." What happened to ballet and baseball or gymnastics and crafts?

After a while of playing around with them, I walked the kids down to this playground area to see if it was free. I knew from where we were sitting that it wasn't. It had a fence around it. That's enough to know you need to pay to get on the other side of that fence. Poor kids. They wanted in so bad, but it was 10 euros for a half-day. We stood and watched a bit. Matteo danced. Zac put on my shoes and walked around with them. Angela jumped in my arms. After enough of that, we walked back.
Angela with her Mamie. This girl is honestly the sweetest and cuddly-est little gal ever.
The boys would always destroy their sandcastles after they were done. I thought it would be fun to document this by taking rapid photos of the event. So, here you go. They are boys to the core.









We had about thirty minutes till we would leave. I just laid back and watched the kids, examined the sky, and thought about the deep stuff. We had a good time at the beach. Hearing waves is relaxing, no matter where you are. It wasn't super sunny, it did rain a bit, but it was relaxing. I'm glad I went. We packed the kiddos up and made it back in time to get cleaned up and eat dinner. Then it was time for me to go to the train station.I had 45 minutes to chill till my train arrived. I loved the time. The solitary time of reading and listening to good music. A little people-watching intertwined with it. Lisieux is a pretty cool town with a whole lot of history. The Saint Therese basilique stands just outside of the station and almost looks misplaced, but yet, still gorgeous. The train came, I hopped on. I sat in a little chamber with eight seats and four other people. Two of them were love birds that showed it. Right in front of my face. I'm glad I had my iPod. The views were amazing. French countryside. You all know how I love it. Rainbows kept popping up everywhere. Absolutely breathtaking. I love these little phenomenons - the low and high tides at Mont St Michel and the rainbows after the rain. How can you ignore God's hand in that?



And it felt SOOO good to be back home in Paris!

No comments:
Post a Comment