Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I Got Worms."

I don't have worms, but I do have Poux. I just wanted an excuse to quote from Dumb and Dumber.

I questioned and debated whether I should blog about this, but I owe it to you. It is my duty to report the real things that go on here. Well I had read it before, but didn't believe it. Lice is a common thing in France, it is. Zac's scratching began about a week ago. When Isabelle left the Val Richer on Sunday night, she mentioned he might have it. That made me nervous. However, I can't keep the kid away from me. He's a cuddler. He loves to hang on me.

When we were on the train, it was constant. Scratch scratch. I couldn't help but get paranoid. He was laying on my lap asleep for half the time. Scratch scratch, both hands, scratch scratch. I've got the heeby jeebies and I am wondering if the other five people on the train are noticing that Zac is having some head issues. I begin to itch. I don't know if it's just the thought of it or if I really have it too. Oh dear, please no.

We get back to the house. Isabelle gets home and we comb through his hair. He definitely has poux. We do the long treatment. She checks me. Yep, test results are positive. So here I am laying in bed with a wrap around my head. I went through 17 years of school without a single lice incident and on my first month in Paris, I get it. I feel pretty disgusting. I took two pills that are supposed to kill them within 24 hours also. Fingers crossed.

There you have it. The absolute truth.

Poux is lice in French.

3 comments:

INTRI-KATE said...

Merde! That totally sucks! There was a girl that went with our OU group who got it within a couple of days of being there. I'm just glad they didn't have to burn those babies off your head. :) Nice, Dumb and Dumber ref, by the way. Kick his ass, Sea Bass.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

BLESSSSSSSSSSS YOU!
my head is ITCHING as we speak just thinking about it.

Unknown said...

Poo-poo on Poux.