Monday, July 16, 2007

My last day on the beach

The title of this blog sounds like it might be a sad one, but OH NO, I am happy. It's been great the last couple of days. Sophie, Isabelle's sister, flew in a few days ago with her husband, Enrico, and two friends Ines and Pierre, and their children, Diane and Paul. They all speak English, less the children. They are rather young families so I had new life brought to me. It made everyone not so lonely. Sophie helped me with my French tremendously. She and Enrico (who is Swedish) are the parents of Angela and Matteo.

On our last day we went to a new beach. We went down more than 150 steps to get down to it. It was gorgeous, but WINDY. You wouldn't believe the wind. At one point I was leaning with all of my body into the wind and it was holding me up. Tiny pebbles were flying through the air and pegging us and it killed. Ouch. We gathered our things and headed back up all of those steps. It wasn't too bad. I've developed some sort of magical Parisian stamina since I've moved. I think I could probably even be strong enough like my mom to mow the freak-of-nature thick grass in our yard back home.

We arrived back to the house and I packed up my bag as well as Zac's. Oh it was such a good feeling. We had visitors for drinks and hors d'ourves. Clive and Petros are the guardians of the home. They maintain it and make sure everything is in good working order. Petros waters and keeps a good eye out for the lavender and trims it regularly. They are both from English and absolutely hilarious. I laughed till I cried when Petros told me about his attempt to quit smoking. He said that he was smoking 4 packs a day and decided it was time. He started chewing the gum and he was so shocked at how well it worked. That was, until he realized he was addicted to the gum, so he had to start smoking again to quit the gum. Oh man.
Pierre, Petros, Clive
The children had a Spectac for all of us. It was a performance based on the cd that we listened to for almost three hours a day in the Rover. Yes, the one that Prune would scream in my ear. The first one was about the chicken dance and it was complete with costumes made from old-fashioned creative cardboard.

Fais La Poule


Les Cowboys
Amies-Ennemies
Marly Gomont - some rap about a guy streaking in the snow and I assume that's why they have their underwear on their head.

No comments: