Today the big event was a picnic across from Invalides. It's a very short walk and happens to be gorgeous. The day was beautiful. Blue skies and a cool breeze. I left for Proxi to grab all we needed for lunch. It's the miniature grocery store at the end of the street on Rue de Bourgogne. Well I forget that most places are closed on Sundays. I came back up here and scrambled through the cupboards to find enough food for our outing. We had Turkey and tomatoe sandwiches, some toasted, some not. A medley of corn, tomato, and onion and some boiled eggs. Instead of playing football in the apartment today, I thought we would spread our wings and play with the big boys at the park. They just play the European football, not American. Oh well.
The pics turned out great. Verena is in gym so I have been helping her with her handstands. Zacharie tries his hardest to use a loud voice to make himself appear to be the same size as his brothers. It doesn't really work to his advantage. I always manage to hurt Barthelemy somehow. I scared the oh la vache out of him last week, yesterday during a pillow fight I rammed him into a wall and gave him a knot on his head, and today I threw the football at his face and got him good. Oops. Typical of Paris, the blue skies turned grey and it began to sprinkle. We had to cut our afternoon short to come home. Now I need to figure out what I will make for dinner.
Ah, Invalides!


If you knew Barth, you would understand why this tee is so funny.

Zacharie throwing with gusto!

Verena's handstand

My handstand - Verena managed to snag my camera and get a picture. She didn't know how to take the zoom out.

Barthelemy enjoying the weather and a full tummy.

Balthazar is so tall that his head is blocking the Eiffel Tower.

This is Barthelemy after I hit him in the face with the football - his left eye

Every person in Paris has a pair of Converse, EVERY single one!
2 comments:
What a BEAUTIFUL family!!...and nice handstand!
These kids are beautiful!
Post a Comment