Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sundays aren't the same...

I've gone five weeks without seeing these girls on Sunday morning. I can remember over four years ago when I first met them all. They were so tiny and giggly. They didn't know who I was and I am sure they all thought I was a little strange. They've been a part of my life for this long and now they are about to go into fifth grade. I am so proud of each and every one of them. They've changed my life and have been patient enough to listen to me on Sundays.
Grace R., every time I open up my Bible I still read your note from four years ago that says "Me sit in your lap. -Grace" I miss your hugs and laughs and look forward to web chats! I will never ever in my life forget your rendition of Jack Black's song in School of Rock while wearing your perfectly proper pink Polo dress. Classic.
Ellie, goodness. Words cannot express how much I miss you and your family. You guys were a part of this whole decision and walked me through it and gave me wisdom all along the way. Gosh I can't even think of one favorite memory with you, because there are so many...just driving in the car and annoying you, at the dinner table chatting, trampoline, calling you by your birth name constantly, and most of all you screaming at me before we knew much of each other "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BABYSIT ME???" By the way, how's the journaling going? Michelle and Scot - Thanks for encouraging and challenging me over the last four years!
Julia, my little creative counterpart. I think we have the best pic of all time, even though I forced you to get in it! I miss you so much. I hope to hear you play me a song soon on that amazing guitar. We never painted pictures for each other. Let's make something else and send them. Sound like a plan? Alexis, my friend that is soon to be a six footer lacrosse pro. I am so proud of you! I miss being goofy with you. Both of you, I miss the times on the couch watching movies and chatting...Melissa and Scott - thank you for EVERYTHING!
Addie and Dominique, I hope you are keeping Chaundra and Sarah on their toes. I miss you two and the way you never ceased to amazing me with your knowledge of the Word. Go Providence!

Grace B., I am sure you are taller than me now. It's no large feat, but remember you are not even in fifth grade yet. Gosh isn't it amazing how well we got to know each other during that one week a couple summers ago? Fruit salad, cartoons, the magazine we made for your parents, the mice out back, swim instructors, slurpees...I miss you!
All the rest of you, I want to hear from you. Tell me about what you are learning. I hear the Watermark building is coming along nicely. Enjoy the building without me!

Chaundra and Sarah, you two are amazing! I am so thankful for you now and I was so blessed to serve with you while at Watermark. I will miss sitting on the floor with you getting cramps in our hands while our booties fall asleep. Be blessed!

No comments: