Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Long nails and hiking the old Byzantine ruins

11 July 2007

For lunch we went to Milopotomos. It's a small village with a great restaurant and some little shops. I had, yet again, spaghetti bolognaise. It very colorful and relaxing.
I bought a necklace from this boutique as my little souvenir from Greece. We finally went hiking today. I was so giddy. Seriously I could not wipe the smile off of my face. I am not a master hiker by any means, but I love the outdoors and being active. Of course I was wearing this dress of sorts and my Keen’s, but I didn’t care. I was going to hike through the rocks of Greece. It was through the old Byzantine ruins that were destroyed by pirates way back when. Pierre was behind me continually telling me to be careful. He told me that my shoes were beach shoes, not mountain shoes. Excuse me? Look at these bad boys...

I looked at each of the children that were wearing flimsy flip flops and I scoffed at him. For 1) Keen’s are great for any adn all terrain and 2) he never said we were hiking or I would have worn my North Face hiking shoes and 3) we only hiked for about 30 minutes. Sadness followed. Oh what a tease. I have this whole island just begging to be trekked through. I would go alone, but that’s not too safe. Whatever the case, the little bit that we did was better than nothing.


Tonight was rushed. I had to quickly give Zac and Matteo a shower. The loofah is a sorry one, so I just lathered up the soap on my hands and did the ole fashioned way. Problem is that I forgot to bring my nail clippers and poor Zac was getting stabbed all over his body. He kept saying, “Ouch…ooo…ouch, Connie, what is that?” I was laughing and giggling while trying my hardest to be gentle. Finally he yelped and said, “CONNIE, show me your hands” I kept on. Then he yelled it. Once I gave him a glimpse of how long my daggers were, he let out a girlie scream. Then he said, “Okay, I give you time right now to fix them.” I didn’t do it. He has only a few scratches to remember me by.

No comments: