We make it to the airport and fly back to Paris. Oh how exciting! During our decent, through the music on my iPod, I can hear Prune explain to Zac what the terms "plug" and "unplug" mean. Then I heard her say "Hold your nose, close your mouth, and blow really hard". By the time I looked back, it was too late. I prayed to all that is holy that it didn't do any damage.
We arrive back in Paris. I got back to my new apartment and realize it's not furnished. Oh well. There's worse things in the world. So about an hour later, Zac is screaming in pain. I know it's his ear. I've been there, done that. We get an appointment at the doc. That's fun guys, let me tell you. Zac gets his scooter, and I run while he is bawling, screaming, crying in pain...for a mile to the doctor's office. We have to wait about 40 minutes until we go in. He's screaming "Why can't I go in NOW Connie?" I know the doc hears him. After going in we find out that he has done some damage to his middle ear. That sounds odd. He has two ears like all of us, but the middle ear inside has right ear. I picture this ear on the middle of his head or something. We leave with a prescription. Zac cried hystarically again when he finds out his pain won't be relieved by the doctor. We make it out the door and soon after, through his sobbing he says, "Connie, I have to pee pee." We are on Boulevard Tour de Maurbourg, rather nice street. I ask where a toilette is and he points to a tree lining the street. How do you say no to a crying child in pain. I said okay. He was there a while. He had to make sure he was empty, surely he couldn't just hold that last half ounce for later. Nope he just stood there and waited. Yep, that was fun.
I drop Zac off at the flat and head to the Pharmacie. That was fun too. I don't speak French and then all the directions for the medications are in French. Yeah and I am in charge of this child and giving him too much could do some harm. Hmm. It all turned out fine. His pain was gone within five hours and it's all healed. I had to make up a fun game for him to take the nasty antibiotics and it worked beautifully. So much so that he was sad when he was done. Jeannette couldn't believe her eyes. She said she had to hold him down on the ground and force-feed it to him the last time he had to take it. What can I say?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment