Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Goodbye Val Richer, Hello Paris!

It was my last day at the Val Richer, for at least a month. We had most of the day to chill out before our taxi picked us up at 4:30. Zac and I slept in till 9:30, then watched Dumb and Dumber in French. I've got the child hooked on the movie. It's my favorite comedy and he has passed the test with flying colors.

Verena went outside to the playground with the other girls. They are so illusive. I never know where they are half of the time. Sometimes I will see them carrying a tray of cups and a pot of tea upstairs. I guess they are having a tea time. Being ten years old was so long ago. I am sure I was the same way.

Verena and Ines
Ophelie and Alix. Obviously, Ophelie didn't want me to take the picture
The steps from the playground to the house
The taxi came and got us. Nice man. We get on the train. It wasn't as nice as the one I took to come to Normandy. I had my own little luxury seat. This time the three of us were crammed into this little room with eight seats, four on each side. Two were empty on one side, one on the other. Verena already said that if there was one empty seat, then she would take it. Then Zac and I would sit together. I made her promise, no take backs. She did. Well poor gal got in between a French woman that looks like she loves croissants and a man that looks and smells like he is a connoseiur of beef and cheese. Sidenote: I laughed out loud because a movie quote came into my head when I saw him. It was from Elf when Will Ferrell said "You're not Santa, you smell like beef and cheese. Anyway, Verena was in pain. She was so squeezed in between the two of them. Out loud she said "Connie, he stinks." I am assuming no one else spoke English. I hope not. The kind lady that probably loves croissants asked if Verena would like to switch places with her daughter. Verena moved seats before the lady could finish her question. Everyone was happy.

We hauled all of our luggage through the station, to the metro, hopped on line 13 to the Varenna stop. We were home!

1 comment:

INTRI-KATE said...

Hooray for smelly French men and children who speak loudly!

P.S. Yes, you absolutely did inspire me to blog. I've had that thing for about three months now, but I never updated it. It's kind of addicting...