Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mademoiselle avec le papier de toilette rose

Today started off well. I woke up for the first time in my own apartment. My bed is above my door. I have to take these little steps to climb up there. But I have a little skylight so that I can see the moon and stars when I go to bed. I woke up with the sun and fresh air beaming in. I went over to the family flat to get things going with Zac. We had a full day of running errands and laundry. I needed to go to Monoprix, but he wanted to watch cartoons. I had to bribe him. I said that he could take his scooter and we would stop for french fries and a coke at McDo. He agreed. Woohoo.

Afterwards we got some things for a picnic. I had so many thing to do in the apartment so I came up with the idea of having our picnic in my apartment and he could watch a movie on my DVD. I have no table, no chairs, so we parked ourselves on the wooden floor. I made him a toasted ham and cheese sandwich with mayo and tomato and he said "Connie, I LOVE this sandwich!" with his mouth full. I introduced him to Doritos and he is now a fan. I got a few things done while he was watching the movie. Oh, of all the kids movies he had to choose from, he chose Big Fish. I love that movie, but I was surprised that he wanted to watch it.

Jeannette wanted to take him to Cafe Columbus for his goutee. Great opportunity for me to run some more errands and get some things for cleaning up my place and some food to stock the fridge. I grabbed my tote to save on plastic bags in my attempt to be Green and help the environment. So I headed off to Rue Saint Dominic to Ed's, my favorite, most tiniest grocery store. Well I get there and they are closed for reconstruction. I walked down Rue Cler through the markets and boutique and cafes. Very posh area. I go into Leader Price to do my shopping. My basket was filled with shower cleaner, wine, dish soap, hand soap, a dark chocolate bar, sponges, matches (Marla and Sam, I know you are laughing right now), surface cleaner, and toilet paper. The cashier did the usual "Bonjour" and I said the same. Then he went on and on in French so I started to dig through my tote as if I were missing something. I figured that if I looked puzzled, it would be a reason for me not to respond to his French conversation that I could not understand. I paid and realized that this is a store where you have to purchase your bags for the groceries. Ug. I packed everything into my tote. There was one item that wouldn't fit. The bright pink toilet paper. The picture does not do it justice. For over a mile through busy streets of the 7th arrondissement, I walked with a 9 roll package of pink toilet paper. This includes walking by the Korean and Swiss Embassies where guards and police are gathered around. I got a few comments and giggles. I am glad I didn't know what the said. My tote was so incredibly heavy. I still walk with a limp.

And all of this was in my tote, less the TP. Holy jeezers.

Here are some pictures of the view from my apartment window. I will wait to take pics of my actual place until I get it all fixed up :)




4 comments:

Barnard's said...

You are tooooo funny Concon. I noticed your tan, hot momma!! I think you need to send me some pink toilet paper to go with my pink house. ;)

Jennifer said...

The view from your place looks amazing! I'm so delighted we got to talk yesterday...what a treat! Love ya and miss you tons!

INTRI-KATE said...

That's hilarious! But, isn't it all worth it to have pink toilet paper? I just hope it doesn't stain your butt. ;)

shanab said...

Connie.....what a beautiful life you have!! :) Thanks for sharing these pics, I love it! I hope you are having a blast! Please keep posting pics, I can at least dream that I am experiencing it too!! :)