I am sitting at gate 21 in the Paris Orly airport. It’s quite early to keep an eye on 6 children, 5 of them being under the age of 7. Who knew kids this age had this much energy at 5 in the morning? I’ve just met Prune, Rose, and Maxime (aka Maxou) for the first time. They are all precious. Prune and Zacharie are the only children that speak English. For breakfast I had my first pain de chocolat. It was good, I guess, but a microwave would have helped.
I had about 20 minutes to get ready this morning. I am ready for the beach, wearing my white dress with denim crop jacket and my very Grecian sandals. No makeup of course. It’s all complete with my beloved turquoise jewelry from NYC last summer.
The kids are wired. They are hopping around playing on the Playstation 2 at the gate as if it were working. We won’t give them money to play. They don’t need it. In their minds, it works perfectly and they are winning with the highest score. I can tell that every other person waiting at this gate is highly annoyed with them. I am too tired to care. I keeping going “Shhhhhh” knowing that it’s universal, right? I am hoping that if I am calm and quiet, then they will follow. This is not the case with this group of kids. Let me take that back. It’s not the case with Zac and Matteo. These two are inseparable.
We have a 3 ½ hour flight ahead of us. Then we gather up our luggage, only to recheck it for another flight, then we eat McDonald’s, otherwise known as McDo here in France. Then it’s a 45 minute flight to the island.
I stayed up late sewing Balthazar and Barthelemy’s costumes for scout camp. It’s my fault, I waited till the last minute. Is anyone surprised? I like to stay up late. I am only productive when it’s dark outside. I am a nocturnal creature by nature. I called Marla for the fourth time and luckily I caught her. Oh and it was so good to hear her voice. I miss my friend. It’s amazing how much hearing someone’s voice makes you feel better. I felt fine before, but I felt more like myself after talking to her. A new friend from Paris called later and gave me a good laugh before I had to get in bed. I packed up my bags, as well as the rest of my things in Verena’s room. My new studio will be awaiting me when I return!
I can’t wait to hit the markets in the 2nd arrondissement for some cheap yet chic, fabric to make my studio like home. Isabelle is passing on the family dishes to me for my studio. She just purchased a new set. I can’t wait to take pictures and post them for you all to see! I brought over a packet of bluebonnet seeds so that I can bring a little bit of Texas to Paris.
I think it’s time to tend to the children. Until later…au revoir!
My camera is packed in my bag, or else I would take a picture of the chaos of the 6 children running rampant through Orly with grandparents that allow it and a nanny that is going out of her mind and embarrassed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE pain au chocolat. I used to get that every morning before walking to class. And I used to eat it with a big bowl of hot chocolate. That's right...a bowl. If you haven't had a beignet au chocolat from Crousti Pain yet, get ready. You are in for a treat. Kayla said you were back from Greece and she got to talk to you yesterday! Gooooood! Did you have so much fun? Get any reading done?
Post a Comment