Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Studly Relatives

I have the greatest relatives. I am in France and receive such generous things. Really, I do. You saw my package from my Aunt Georgie with all the girly things. My parents sent over snacks galore with some workout gear to get me pumped for my future, not to mention KILLER, training, and my left New Balance running shoe. I got a card with some moolah in the form of dollars from my Aunt Cheryl, Uncle John, and favorite cousin Kelly. I have many cousins and you may not thinks it's fair to say she is my favorite. The honest truth is that I play Favorites and she's my favorite. Most recently I got a very thoughtful gift from my Uncle Jeri.

He lives in Houston, which is where a large portion of my French family lives. The family I work for has parts of their family in oil, banking, agriculture and art. The oil and art relatives are in Houston. My uncle did a little research and found out that some of the family has opened museums and have given many pieces of art to museums all around the world. It's their charity and contribution. When the book arrived, I showed it to the parents and they said "Ahhh, it's the family!" I will try my hardest to explain the relation.

The couple in the book is John and Dominique de Menil. Dominique is a cousin of the grandfather of Zacharie. There is an easier way to tell you, but I would have to draw out a family tree. I don't want to do that. However, Zacharie has playdates on Wednesdays with his cousin Kalypso. She lives just one block away. Her mother is the granddaughter of Dominique de Menil. I actually wanted to do more research before I blogged about it, but I haven't been able to yet.


It's the perfect little coffee table book, isn't it?
Thank you Uncle Jeri...

No comments: