Thursday, October 18, 2007

I HACKED MY DVD PLAYER!

So it's 4:32 am.

I couldn't sleep.
Instead of forcing sleep, I decided to try and hack my dvd player myself.
After many failed attempts, I persevered.
Basically Schneider 439 is the same as Philips 3142.
I know it doesn't make sense to you.
Just know this is a very happy moment for me.

If you still don't understand what my dilemma was here goes:
Each DVD is given a region code. For instance, the US is region 1, France is region 2. If I buy a DVD player in France, I cannot play region 1 DVDs on the player. Same as if I tried to watch region 2 DVDs on a region 1 player. It wouldn't work. It is a protection for watching movies that are released on DVD in the states before being released overseas. Now there is a problem when a gal like me moves abroad and brings along her library of DVDs.

Back to my excitement. I kind of feel like an electronic genius right now. I know that I must make my pops EXTREMELY proud at this moment.

4 comments:

adam said...

Love the blog!

DAD said...

Technical ability from Dad, but from your mother, you exhibit the "get er done" gene.

INTRI-KATE said...

hvowehyapuhvndauwheuypuehfanes.

that's what I feel like I just read.

But I'm glad the durn thing works now.

The Barnyards said...

Your dad's comment is so cute...so true huh?? :) Lovies!