Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm going to Nantes...

I've had the urge to get out of Paris lately. Not that I don't love it, but just to see more of the country. My dear friend Anne lives in Nantes, which is near the coast. It was actually a part of Brittany at one time. She only has a little longer until she is done with classwork and begins her internships. We had a weekend that worked for both of us, so I booked a ticket on the train. Anne is my fellow Pride and Prejudice fanatic. I am sure we will run through the fields pretending that we are Lizzy and Jane Bennet, sit on embroidered cushions while reading the most sophicated of literature, and tying ribbons while speaking in British accents...not to mention dreaming about Mr. Darcy.

2 comments:

norrbu said...

How about Mr. Darcy - pempbridge (isn't that his estate)?

INTRI-KATE said...

and you should bring Mr. Collins along for laughs.

I'm especially fond of Jane Austen for making the empire waist popular. God bless the empire waist.