Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Stockholm Friend Came to Paris: Part Deux

After our trip to the Chateau de Vincennes, we headed back to my flat to relax for a bit. I talked on the phone to friends and caught up on correspondence (aka email) while Seanna took a nap. It took a while for us to get motivated to get back out into the cold. I know that the weather is extremely mild compared to what it will be in winter, but this Texas girl is not used to this. I am realizing that the end of their fall weather is like the height of our winter weather. Let's begin to pray for my blood to thicken.

We finally made it out. I had to, of course, introduce Seanna to vegetarian falafel. We went to Maoz in Saint-Michel. We found a table which is extremely lucky considering they only have three tables. It was a good and relaxing meal. Afterwards we walked along the Seine towards Notre Dame. Seanna still hadn't seen it. There was a full moon which cast a glow on the city. It was a sort of magical night. One that you wish you could freeze because it was so typically a Paris night.





This guy was pretty talented. However, if you look at his clothing you can see where the fire hit him on quite the consistant occasion.



We walked towards Hotel de Ville, which is the city hall of Paris. Again, the full moon made the night so much like a October or Halloween night. It's never felt so much like October. Just a pumpkin patch and a few crows were missing from the scene.




What a day, what a day!

1 comment:

INTRI-KATE said...

um, if I ever need a postcard of myself to sell in airport gift shops, I'm totally hiring you to do it.

Gorgeous!!!!!