The skies were blue and the clouds were white and fluffy. The perfect day in Paris. We left and headed past Invalides and onto Rue Saint Dominic and into Cafe Columbus. Our appetites for chocolate have increased each hour that we've been together. That's friendship if I've ever seen it! Melissa passed on coffee and went for the tepid fresh-squeeze orange juice, but Sammies and I got the coffee, but hers had some fancy whipped cream on it.
We packed up and walked a few blocks to the Eiffel Tower. The crowd was insane. There is no way we would attempt to go up. Instead, we just took our time and snapped a few pics.
This pose was my idea. I am a creative genius, I know.
I happened upon some little yellow flowers and some bees. I like bees. I just read an article that Katy posted about the decreasing bee population and how it effects all of us. It's a serious matter people! Whatever the case, I took some pictures of this busy bee at work.
We passed Ecole Militaire again on our way to Zara and H&M. I couldn't help but get this ole statue in another picture. I need to do more research as to the meaning of it all.
We bought clothes and accessories at Zara and H&M. Scarves were purchased by all. We walked away with full bags and spent hardly any money. There is a pair of shoes that I have been stalking for months now. They are in a store next to GAP and I felt bold enough to go in and buy them. I would have done it months ago but I was too chicken to ask where to get a size 38. I should have, because it was as easy as pie. I got my shoes and was so happy that I had conquered a French shoe store. I have spoken more French with Sammies and Melissa here than any other time.
We hopped on the metro over to Saint Germain des Pres where there is an abundance of souvenir shops. It is also near the markets where you can buy paintings. Sam wanted another painting. We all looked and all liked what we saw. Melissa purchased her fourth painting and Sam bought her third and fourth. Deep pockets, those girls. The souvenir shops had a few things but they weren't really satisfied. We were running out of time, so airport gift shops would have to serve their purpose.
Back on the metro to Sevres-Babylone. This is close to my area. We needed to go to Le Grande Epiceries de Paris to get some veggies and wine for dinner. It's a little fancy shmancy shop next to Le Bon Marche. The girls walked in and paused. They found the chocolates and pastas and candies, which were all delicately wrapped and packaged. You know, the perfect little souvenirs. Only if I thought of that sooner. It would have been much easier to bring them to a glorified grocery store. It's actually in the most Frenchie posh part of Paris. I love this place. We only spent thirty minutes in there before we had to leave or else we would be running late for the rest of the night.
Arms were full and we had a long walk back to my building. We made it and began getting ready for the Summer Ball and preparing dinner. We invited James over as a thank you for his amazing tour to Normandy. I also wanted the girls to taste a bit of a French meal. It wasn't really French, but it was a meal I learned in France. I mean, come on, I'm not a pro yet. Sammies managed to get some pics of the table and entree(which was taken before the wonderful dressing was poured on).
With full tummies, we were ready to go to the Ball! James served as our gracious photographer. It's nice to finally have pics with all three of us together.
We had to take the metro to Champs Elysees-Clemenceau to Louvre Rivoli.
The party was on a boat between Pont du Carrousel and Pont des Arts. We made it down there and hopped on. It was a great time. Lots of dancing, lots of talking. A good time. A few times my heel got stuck in one of the wood slats. At one point I could not get it out. Chuck, an American, came to the rescue. He had to get on his hands and knees to pull the shoe out.
With my American counterpart Jasmin
My French counterpart Anais
My amazing friends Sam and Melissa whom I miss dearly already!
James came with us after the Ball was over. We walked around for a while because we didn't know where we wanted to go. Sam and I wanted a snack because we were getting grumpy. We ended up along the Seine next to the Louvre and overlooked the Pont Neuf, Paris' oldest bridge. We heard some music and realized it was a group of people next to the river doing some old school bucket beating.
We finally managed to find our way to Saint Michel again, our favorite part of Paris.
However, it isn't so favorable at this time of night. We couldn't decided what we wanted to eat, so we left. Thank goodness because the metro was closing down for the night. It was 1:00am before we even got on. I was panicked thinking we wouldn't make it on, but the Lord was on our side, that's for sure. The girls packed their things when we got back. We talked for a bit and I started to get sad because I knew they wouldn't be here much longer. We said our goodbyes for the night and parted ways.
The next morning came oh so fast. We grabbed all the stuff and got on the metro to Montparnasse. The plan was to catch the bus to the airport. We figured this would be easier than taking the RER. After about thirty minutes of drama, we finally found the right bus. I said goodbye and cried more than a handful of tears, then turned and walked away. Wow, it was hard. I walked home, hopped in bed and slept for four hours. I felt better when I woke up.
Girls, THANK YOU for making that my best week in Paris. I have so many memories here and you two are part of them. There are places that I will go that will forever remind me of the times we had here. I hope you two enjoyed yourself and will move somewhere great so that I can come visit you :) I love you two!

No comments:
Post a Comment