Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fashionable Transport

I decided today that it was time to buy some rollerblades. A friend and I had traveled around half of Paris...he was on rollerblades, I was on a bike. Well a bike seems so large and hard to maneuver through large groups of people and narrow paths. A group from church is having a rollerblading night so I woke up this morning decided my first errand would be to walk over to Decathlon to buy some. It is such a great store. It's no different than Oshman's or Academy, but for some reason it felt soo much like home when I walked in. I roamed around forever. I found a pair of rollerblades, not quite my style. They are too girly with little swirly flowers, but every single pair had them. I stuck with the cheapest pair I could find - 49,90 euros. I also needed a little backpack. I have a big across the shoulder bag, but it's too bulky. Now the pack I found was a steal - 6 euros. SCORE! Then some socks to go with the skates...and I was out of there.
As you can see, I didn't buy any sort of padding for my knees, elbows, or wrists. I am relying on pure athleticism and prayer to keep me wound-free.

I was a little hungry, so I stopped at Starbucks. I ordered a Mocha Frapp, but got a Mocha. I think he asked me if I wanted a Frapp and I said "Non". Oh well. I also got another fave which was the Coffee Cake. Oh yum. The total came out to 7,45 euros. I cursed myself because that's more than a Fresh Value Meal WITH a cookie at Subway. What was I thinking? I need to start using my head before I pull out my wallet and follow my tummy to it's first craving. Rule #1, no more Starucks. Justin, Marla do you think you could plant a Sugie B's here?

1 comment:

INTRI-KATE said...

I freaking LOVE that hat! You are too adorable! And isn't it funny that the French word for injure is "blesser." As if by injuring someone you are actually blessing them. Oooooh....I just blew my own mind. Yay blades!