Monday, August 6, 2007

An American Day

Sunday night I was pretty bored. I had taken a nap from 8:30-10:00 pm because I was whooped from a day riding a bike more than halfway around the perimeter of Paris. I am not lying. I wish I was, but I'm not. I called Jasmin, my friend from Florida. It was past midnight but she had just gotten on the metro. I convinced her to change her destination and come stay the night with me. We were loud and obnoxious and giggly. However, I must say that we experienced our first French summer night, meaning it was HOT and there was no breeze coming through at all. We just sat on the couch sweating. In between each conversation or story we would interject some sort of comical comment about the heat. Oh it was great. She had originally come to be an au pair like me, however, she came on a student visa. Her situation didn't work out. She gave me her best impersonation of her hostmom, who is only two years older than she is. I couldn't stop laughing. We exchanged stories and decided that we need to write a joint book. Two takes on au pair-ism in Paris. We have such different stories, but they are all hilarious. We talked forever. At one point I looked at my computer and said "Hey Jasmin, look out the window to your right." She said, "Okay, so?" I laughed and said "Well in fifteen minutes you are going to see the sun come up!" She freaked. Time had flown. It was 5:15 am. We got in bed soon after that and woke up to a massive Paris storm. I freaked out and jumped out of bed to go close all of the windows. Then back to bed for a few more hours. It was a great time and I won't forget it.

Jasmin's impersonating her hostmom who would do this while listening to the song Relax, Take it Easy by Mika.

No comments: