Friday, May 23, 2008

Puppy Love

I must be bored if I am consumed with Zac's love life. Today he did something that I was so proud of. Now I am not a big promoter of pre-adolescent love, but I think it's good for a kid to feel some confidence and go after a goal. He likes Emma and I want him to be able to talk to her and feel some pride for talking to his dream girl. When I was waiting in line to get him from school, Emma came out first. I hurried to get him so that he could talk to her. When he came out, I hardly had time to say a word before he walked right up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and smiled really big and Zac said, "Salut, bonne week-end Emma!" She giggled, yes she giggled and waved her right arm enthusiastically, and said very cheerfully, "Coucou Zac!" We walked off and I was so stinkin' proud of that kid! I said "Yeah Zac you did it and I think she likes you." He looked at me and made his eyebrows go up and down, signaling "Yeah, you better believe it!" Then we gave each other five.

During good weather we usually walk home. It's about a mile and a half, but just a fantastic walk. The entire time he was quizzing me about world records. Apparently he got his hands on some sort of Guinness Book of World Records. I was asked about the biggest cat, the fattest man, the fastest truck, the longest fingernails, and smallest dog. It's quite hard when he is giving me all the answers in kilograms and kilometers, but I amuse him and nod with the occasional "oh really?" and "no way!"

We were soon close to the house and I started asking about Emma again. I asked him where she sits in his classroom. He said, "Well next to me is Eva, then Clementine, and THEN Emma...ahhhh she is so pretty." I just loved the pureness of how he said it. It was beautiful. I asked if they talk much at school, and if so, does he go up to her or does she come talk to him. He said "Um, mostly she comes to talk to me." Uh oh guys, I think this gal might like him. I'm actually surprised since his new haircut. It sounds horrible, but I don't even want to take pics of him. I was so upset with the hairdresser because she did NOTHING that we asked. His long locks are a thing of the past. No more spiking it or playing with it. Now it's just plain short. However, I guess Emma doesn't seem to mind. It's love people, it's love.

Oh, and he was invited to her birthday party in about a week and a half. He looked at her address on Saint-Germain (posh street) and grabbed the map so that he could find out how to get there. I'm loving it. Stay tuned. I will take some pics from the party!

No comments: