Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Luxembourg Picque-Nicque

Another Wednesday. I will soon run out of creative things to do with the kid. He said he had never been to the Jardin du Luxembourg, so knowing that it would be a gorgeous day, I wanted to go show him around and sit and have a leisurely picnic. We only had a couple of hours since it was a day that he had school until noon.

We had a walk a bit to make it to the garden, but it was well worth it. It's full of fountains and art and trees and flowers and fruits and runners and painters and readers and couples making out. It's quite the place to go for lunch too. Zac loved it. He was just ooohing and awwwwing the whole time. We made our way through to the patch of grass that is free to lounge on. We found a spot with a great view both ways. Remember, picnicking is a way of life around here. I'm not the only one. So when you see the photos of people near us, it's very typical. Actually Tuesday I took two naps outside on the grass. It's the greatest thing ever. Napping, outside in the shade in Paris.Luxembourg Palace is in the distance.Zac had the usual ham sandwich with Pringles and Orangina. I had pasta with sundried tomatoes and mozzarella. My sparkling water exploded on me. This happens quite frequently, so that's why there are water spots all over my pants.He got some new shoes, Superga. I love these shoes for some unknown reason.After we finished eating, I was going to take some pics of Zac by the palace. He was being too goofy and so I told him "c'est dommage!", that's too bad! I was ready, squatting, focusing, and the kids wouldn't chill out. Sorry peeps, maybe another time. He's gotta learn his lesson. Anyhow, while I left and he stayed and pouted, I found a big, monstrous playground. We had about an hour to spare and it was pretty cheap, so we went in. I listened to music and relaxed while he played his heart out. He had such a great time so we plan on going back in a couple of weeks when he has the entired Wednesday off of school.
This little girl was suspended in mid-air and I have no idea where her mother was. She is also still sucking on a pacifier. Weird.And that's all folks!

No comments: