Connie: I've got another strike going on downstairs again.
Katy: Really?
Connie: Yeah.
Katy: Are there megaphones and signs? hahahha
Connie: Yeah.
Katy is laughing at this point because I don't think she was serious when she asked.
There was some guy on a bullhorn and yelling something, which I could hear perfect, but I don't know French...still. Then occasionally other people would start cheering. It honestly sounded like a Friday night football game in Texas. Not only were there megaphones and flags and posters, but there were tons of whistles. That's right, whistles are a must if you are planning to be a part of a strike. Remember that.
For your pleasure, I stuck my head out of my window and took a couple of pictures. I wish I had a good zoom on my camera - or even video so that you could hear the chanting in all of it's glory.
After more time elapsed and the noise still hadn't let up, but actually progressed, I went downstairs to check it out. I was too scared to get much closer considering my luck with taking pictures that are guarding by police.
Welcome to France.

3 comments:
you forgot to mention how we discussed that you would be suffering lost wages because they were apparantly striking against prostitution.
HOW RUDE WAS THAT TO SAY ABOUT SOMEONE!!!!
Anonymous...who are you? Katy was referring to an inside joke we had. I've been told that the prostitutes in Paris go on strike.
Post a Comment