This birthday was different. I had a package from my parents to open. It has been sitting on my sofa for almost a week now, just staring at me. I opened it after I took Zac to school. Today marked my beginning of marathon training so to my surprise, there were two workout outfits and a right shoe! Yeah! Now I have my right shoe that matches one of the left shoes that I received in August. However, to my happiness, but my marathon training's dismay, there was also a fair share of junkfood. Oh Lord, you all know of my self-control in this area. I like candy and it likes me. Thanks Momma and Pops!
Something new that I learned today. You CANNOT add Country Time Lemonade mix to Perrier. The bottle of Perrier resembled something of a bottle of champagne upon popping the cork. The water exploded all over my apartment. I will only put the Country Time Lemonade mix into still water.
Later in the day I checked the mail. TWO MORE PACKAGES! One from Sweet Kayladear and another from my Aunt Georgie.
Kayla had asked a while back what I would like. I gave her one thing and she pulled through. I have looked all over France for this book. It's coming out in theaters soon and I wanted to read it before I saw it. She, being the great friend she is, included the notorious Hot Tamales and popcorn again. Rockstar, that's what she is!
My next package was something of a surprise. My mom mentioned that I was getting something from the great Aunt Georgette, but nothing could have prepared me for the girlish adventure that was neatly tucked inside this little box. It's was a Party In A Box. I will list it all out...
- Hot Tamales
- Lemon Heads
- Granola Bars
- Bunco - Wooo fun times ahead!
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Champagne confetti poppers
- Glitter pens with feathers
- Silly String
- Pink Streamers
and drum roll please...
- A TIARA!!!
I was entirely too spoiled on this day. I had a card from my sister and brother-in-law and Morgan...it scared me when I opened it. I need to figure out how to post a video on here. You HAVE to heard the song in this card. Zac and Verena have been carrying it around the house opening and closing, opening and closing it over and over again.
I had emails, text messages, voicemails from amazing friends all day long. Thank you all for remembering me. I love and miss you dearly. Thanks for making 28 so great. I'm a rhymer.

2 comments:
glitter pens and a tiara. all a girl needs, really.
28 - feeling great, get a date, find a mate, procreate!
Post a Comment