Thursday, September 27, 2007

And POOF! I'm French...

Today I went shopping. It's become winter in two days and I have a sweater and a long sleeve tshirt to keep me warm. I figured it was probably time to prepare for a winter I've never known. As many of you ladies know, and some men, an appetite can develop quite fiercely during shopping. Your mind can drift as your look through the racks of clothes and you hardly notice all the walking that you are doing. I got about three miles of walking done in my cowboy boots today. On my way back I stopped at Proxi to grab a snack for lunch. Some friends of mine introduced me to these fiber crackers that look like cardboard, but are surprisingly good. I wanted hummous, but they've been out for DAYS. Instead I grabbed some cheese and Badoit. I got home and began my lunch. As I was eating, I looked at it and realized that I would have never, and I mean, never chosen to eat this before coming to France. Here I was eating cheese, stinky cheese, with fibre crackers and sparkling water. If I were back home in Dallas, I would look at me and laugh. I can't lie, I really like this stuff. Don't hate me because I drink Perrier or Badoit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I eat those same fiber crackers!

INTRI-KATE said...

connie, of course I don't hate you for drinking Perrier. But you should know...sparkling water is Satan's urine.

The Barnyards said...

I love those fiber Crackers! Someone gave them to me while I was pregnat with Jonah! Yummy...i need to go get me some...but no sparkling water for me...:) I call sparkling water..."Gucky" (as Jonah would say it)