I handed him the seeds that I brought from home. He started opening the package. He looked and was so upset because they didn't look like seeds. He thought we got jipped. I had to tell him that they all look different because they are different flowers. He was relieved. He could barely wait to get his hands in the dirt.
I told him that he could put the seeds in the dirt. And he did, VERY meticulously. How adorable is that? Afterwards I handed him the stick so that he could stir and till the soil and let the seeds find their home. He was all smiles.
It was time to water our new little seedlings. I let him carry the pot to the sink so that I could show him how to water them, since it will be his job from now on. Kids can get a little overzealous and water plants too much. So I told him that he could "sprinkle" them with water because we don't want them to drown and die. That's what he did - very very carefully.
We found a home for the pot on one of his window sills, right next to Jonah and the whale.
I will keep you updated on the growth of Zacha's little babies.

3 comments:
you're such a good little teacher of the gardens. Was that a B on Zachs shirt? B for Zach??? Or B for "Boy, I sure do like planting 'B'ulbs with Connie." Because I'm guessing that's probably what it stood for.
How fun!! Can't wait until I can do fun stuff like this with my boys....You are a cutie pie Teacher Concon....love ya!
"B" is for Bonpoint...the poshy little kids clothing store in Paris :) He's got three of those sweaters; red, green, and navy.
Post a Comment