Monday, September 24, 2007

Beloved CHI: March 2003-September 2007




Dear CHI,
Over the last four and a half years, you have served me well. Over the last year, you have complained, but still continued to do a fantastic job. My thick hair that tends to curl at odd place found comfort in your talent. It's true, my hair found it's identity in you. During these years, you cut down my hour of preparation to only twenty minutes. Because of you, I was able to sleep in a little later and still look like I had a professional coiffing. I am sorry if the high voltage of French electric sockets is what caused your sickness and emminent death. It is with sadness that I say goodbye. Thank you for your faithfulness over the years.

CHI
March 2003 Dallas, Texas - September 2007 Paris, France


Without further ado, let me introduce you to Remington. I went to BHV to purchase some mailing envelopes. I decided to check out the 4th, 5th, and 6th floor just to see what they had. Well I happened to stumble across this straightening iron that had ceramic plates and heats up in 60 seconds. CHI, at the beginning, would heat up in 10 seconds. Could Remington compete? For only 19,90 euros (on sale from 29,90 euros) I was willing to take the gamble. Upon arriving at home, I ran to open the box and plug Remington in. I think he can handle the voltage since he is French. After two minutes of Remington-ing my hair, I am extremely happy. I have a new friend. As much as I loved CHI, Remington is filling his shoes quite well.

Let me introduce you...

Remington

3 comments:

INTRI-KATE said...

I'm so impressed that you found such a comparable hair straightening device. Chis have always been the god of all hair straighteners in my opinion. i.e. thou shalt have no other straightening gods before the chi.

Kayla said...

You make me REAL happy. :)

Unknown said...

Connie - I am laughing so hard right now....but I'm so sorry about CHI!!! He can be your GOOD friend when you are half asleep and you are trying to leave for work. Without CHI I am nothing....a nobody with nasty frizzy hair.

Mrrr....