The other night we had avocado and vinaigrette for the entree. I took out the pit of the avocado and could not get myself to throw it away. I could teach Zac so much with this one pit. So I kept two; one for him, one for me. I had him help me put the toothpicks into the pit and add water to the glass. We set it by the window in the kitchen. Every morning after breakfast he walks over to check and see if the water level is good. I have done the same in my studio.
This inspired me to plant flowers to add color and life to my flower pots outside my window. I mustn't be outdone by my neighbors! I brought packets of Texas wildflowers and bluebonnets from home. I planted them and watered them a little with hopes they would sprout. After only a few days, they have! I cannot wait to see them bloom. I am giddy with the thought!
Oh how I love science. Be sure to read blogs on the progress of my seedlings and avocado pit. I shall think of a name for my pit...any suggestions? Be creative...
By the way, I know that I don't have enough soil in my pots. I plan to buy some as soon as I find a place that sells it. Remember peeps, we don't have Calloways or Lowe's or Walmart or Home Depot or Wolfe Nursery. I've got it all under control.

1 comment:
oh I love that you planted bluebonnets! And I can't wait to see the fully grown pictures!
You should name your avacado pit Brad. Brad Pitt. Clearly.
Post a Comment