She and I became close friends in a very short amount of time. I spent my month off getting to know her, which meant I laughed for the majority of the month. I don't know Paris without her. She found a great nanny position in Geneva, Switzerland so that's where she moved. Luckily I can still call her locally. We haven't missed a beat.
Back to how the day went. After dropping the kid off at school, I went over to Jasmin's apartment to relax and chat and get a few last minute things together. The taxi arrived and loaded all of her things into the SUV. Cehmon and I were cramped in the backseat but the luggage was quite comfortable as it had all the space it needed. We made it to Gare de Lyon in about twenty minutes. After hassling with some men with carts, they pushed the suitcases only to the main entrance of the train station, then it was up to us after that. I felt like part of her entourage. Really. I've seen photos of Jessica Simpson in tabloids and this is the amount of luggage she carries.



We realized we still had a lot of time so we wheeled around for a bit before deciding on spending some time at a nearby cafe. The waitresses were the usual French waitresses. Rude. We were lucky enough to get a sweet guy that worked with his best English and corrected our poor French. Just next to us were birds eating off of tables and the floor. Only in France.
The time came for us to load all of her bags onto the train. Not an easy task. We had a gentleman offer to help and boy did we need it. Then it was time to bisous goodbye. I said I wouldn't cry, but I did. I will see my sweet friend April 18th when she comes back for a week and a half, but then it will be a long time. I missed her as soon as we said goodbye. It probably won't change. I don't know if we will ever live in the same country or where all of our travels with take us, but we will always be joined together by Paris.I love you Jaz!

No comments:
Post a Comment