Friday night came and I didn't feel liking cooking, do you blame me? Barthelemy called Pizza Hut. Thirty minutes later, we were eating. It was the first time in nine months, maybe more, since I'd had authentic American pizza. We ate it up and went to the living room to watch Monty Python. Believe it or not, I'd never seen it. I laughed pretty hard.


It was another Saturday with the kids which meant I took Verena to her pony lesson. I took my book and camera for entertainment. Once we got off the metro at Pont de Neuilly, that's when I got really excited about Spring. The flowers were blooming, the sky was blue, the sun was shining and it was so cool I had to take my jacket off. My American friend Jenny had told me before Winter how excited Spring would be. She said that it's so dark and gloomy all Winter long, so when Spring came, the whole city just lit up. At that moment I understood what she was talking about. Never before have I counted down the days for the season of new life.
















At the Pont de Neuilly metro station



I dropped Verena off and captured a bit to show that Spring is on it's way. After about twenty minutes I went to the cafe that overlooks the stable of Verena's lesson. I sat there and read my book with the occasional glance to see her. When she was finished I went to get her only to see she had hay all over her, even on her helmut. I asked what happened and she said, "You didn't see? I fell off the horse!" I failed. I was so into my book, I missed seeing her fall of the horse. She didn't get hurt, thank goodness.

After her lesson she is always dying of thirst. I asked if she could make it to the house, but she couldn't so we stopped at a really posh boulangerie in Neuilly. While she waited in line for her drink, I admired the art of the pastries and tarts. No one else in the world can do desserts like the French.

For the rest of the day I had my nose in the air breathing in the fresh air and soaking up the sun on my face. Too bad it started raining around 6 o'clock until early morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment