Well mon petit poisson had his swimming competition today. He just got moved up into the older class yesterday and had to compete against them today. I had to pick him up from school and go directly there. We used to take the metro, but our destination station has been closed for reconstruction for months. I don't mind because it's one of the best walks; we pass UNESCO, Ecole Militaire, and the Eiffel Tower.

His outfit today reminded me of a little GAP advertisement. I kept telling him that he looked cooler with his jacket unbuttoned. He did not believe me and told me that if he buttoned just one of them, then he looked like a gentleman. I always love our walks. We sing, talk, joke around, step in poo (on accident) and then try to get it on the other person, race, and laugh while doing it all. I think you can understand why I love this kid so much. Who wouldn't?

When Zac holds my hand he says, "Look Connie, we are like a puzzle. We fit together perfectly!" I am not making this stuff up. He's really that sweet.


He is so unintentionally cool that his boxers are showing. He didn't know that was a "style".

We arrived at the piscine a little early only to see utter chaos. We had to sign him up and get his race. He had to swim 25 meters any way he would like. We got him changed, then I changed and put on my water shoes, then we made it upstairs. It was the first time I had been up there. I must say that this pool has the best view in the world, urban-wise.

Zac's race was at the beginning. They were only racing for time, not with their age group. He was first in his heat and he did so well! I kept telling him how proud I was and he said to stop saying it and that it was weird. Then he admitted that he didn't know what "proud" meant. We watched all the other kids get timed. I dodged little heathens that kept splashing water in the air and ones that pushed and shoved their way through the people watching.







Zac with his friend William



Zac's friend Matthew won third place in their age group.



Hours later, the results were announced. My sweet little fishy didn't get first, second, or third, but he got a special little medal that he is so proud of. All of us made such a big deal about it. He was really happy that he could brag that he was first in his heat.
I got him back into his normal clothes and we were out. We took our usual walk on the road between the practice field and the Paris Hilton. Weird, I know. It had a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower. I also had him stand next to the popular SMART cars so that it could give you an idea how small they actually are. A few minutes later we were at the bus stop, waiting for bus 69 back to Bourgogne.



Standing at the bus stop


It was long day, but one that ended well.
2 comments:
he is just too cute!
Connie, I love how you love this little guy. I miss you.
Post a Comment