I'm considering a list that resembles the You Might Be A Redneck, only it has to do with living in Paris. There are things that I do daily that I thought were so weird and backward when I first moved here. I've found that I have become incredibly resourceful also. The other night I had a major sweet tooth. I went through my food and the only thing sweet I had was a banana, gum, and a Betty Crocker cake mix. Fruit was entirely too healthy for the moment. I have no oven, no microwave, so the cake mix was crossed off the list. Gum. I thought, "How can I make this cake-thing work?" Well friends, I did it. I had a non-stick pan, but not large enough for a cake. I had a lid, but it was too small for the pan. My resourcefulness might be impressive, but it was the result of a desperation for sweets.
A third of the mix, 2/5 cup of water, one egg, and 1/3 cup of butter, and ten minutes later...I had a cake! Contrary to what you might think, it was fantastic. I had to rig up a little make-shift convection oven, but it worked!
To finish - You might be a Parisienne if you can bake a cake on the stove.

4 comments:
Awesome.
You are so creative Connie! Paul used to bake cakes in a wok when he was in Boy Scouts, isn't that funny? :)
Note to self: not having an oven is not so bad.
Your blog is funny! I'm glad I found it.
I think I might have to try this one day, just to see how it taste.
Love ya,
Paula
Post a Comment