Wednesday, April 2, 2008

McDo in France

Soon before Jasmin moved to Geneva, she and I went to McDonald's one night to get online and grab a bit to eat. We preferred Subway but that involved taking public transport. McDo was just over a mile away, so we opted for convenience. Now I must say that I see dogs in eating establishments quite often, but when it is in an American joint, it has a different effect on me. I felt as if I was in American and someone brought their dog in. I would actually like to see that happen and hear the responses from the people eating there. Here it's second nature. No big deal, dogs are people and have approximately 80% more toilet facilities than us humans, or rather, us females. Men will use it anyway, be it between cars, in corners, the coveted tree or bush, alleys, metro walls, tires, or out in the open. As for us women, we need to keep our Starbucks receipt for the toilet code or make sure we have a handful of change to pay a toilet if we happen to find one.

Note the white dog waiting at the back of the line*

No comments: