Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to Me

It's Wednesday so I had to pick Zac up at noon. The clouds are long gone, leaving just sun and cool breezes, so we walked home. I've taught Zac about musicals and lately he and I only sing to each other. It's adorable to hear him sing, "Connieeeee, I looooove youuuuuuu and you love meeeeeee." For the entire thirty minute walk home, we only sang to each other. He's always throwing his hands in the air making grand gestures. I officially have my own little Frenchie to call my Valentine this year.

We arrived to the building and a casual trip to my mailbox turned into a celebration. My mom told me that there would be a Valentine's package coming so I was on the lookout. I checked today and there was nothing. Then Zac checked the family's box and said "Oh we got many things Connie!" The big item was mine!

Then we ran up to my flat to open the package and to watch Annie (so Zac could see a musical). I opened it to find my favies like Crystal Light, trail mix, Nutter Butters, and Skittles...all Vday themed.Further down was a stuffed animal doggie that Zac took a liking to, but cannot have. It's my new doudou (French name for little things that kids sleep with).Lastly, I saw a pink wrapped box. My dad wrote on it. I opened it and saw a Theraflu box. Nice. Medicine. My dad sure knows how to shop for Valentine's Day! But then I noticed there was tape over the opening of the box. I opened it and saw another box, but it was wrapped in a plastic bag. What? I unwrapped it and found something that I have been waiting for for a long time. It was a Nano! No longer will my life be without a soundtrack. No more awkward silences or glances on the metro. My life is complete! As I write this, it's charging up. Now I get to sew a little tiny iPod case for it!Thank you Mom and Dad for thinking of me. You two are amazing. This makes up for that Valentine's Day when I cried because all I got was a massive Hershey Kiss by my bed. I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie,

Happy Valentine!!! LOVE YOU MORE!! We are hapy to do that for YOU. MOM

megan k said...

That's sweet of your pops and mom!!