Then I was shocked. It was the most beautiful place of consumerism I've ever seen. Imagine shopping in an opera house with balconies and skylights and stained-glass and gold everywhere. Yes, that is Galeries Lafayette.Afterwards, Jenny took me up to the roof of Galeries Lafayette. It's a really great view. It doesn't beat the Arch de Triomph or Sacre Coeur, but it was a good one. It's situation right behind Opera and in front of Sacre Coeur. The air was clear and the skies were blue. I wish I had a picnic basket because I could have spent all day there.

A mediocre view of Sacre Coeur, but it is still beautiful!
La Tour Eiffel
Jenny, my cajun friend. Not really, she is from Louisiana, but totally Parisian.
Me and my new Longchamp!
Once we left, we went back outside and saw a band outside of Opera. It sounded like something you would hear at a Friday night football game. Bizarre.

I began my trek back home. I decided to get out at Invalides rather than the usual Varenne. It's a longer walk, but absolutely breath-taking at dusk. Do the pictures help you understand what I am talking about?

3 comments:
should i get a longchamp purse while i'm there? i'm wanting a new purse for spring...
pictures are beautiful con... I'm finding myself w/ camera envy. Please pray.
I loooooved Galleried Lafayette. When I was there, they had a guy in the middle of the mall doing a very entertaining runway model performance in like 9 different languages. dope.
Post a Comment