Monday, January 28, 2008

Hurricane Harbor, Food Court, Sporting Goods store, and Movies - All in One.

This is my new favorite place. Saturday night I was walking down my street Rue de Grenelle with Alexia when we saw the family pull out on their way to a dinner. The parents told me that the next day was a bit hectic and they might need my help getting Zac to a birthday party. I just had to be at the house at 12:15pm ready to go.

I went over there to pick up Zac. I was given some money for us to go to a restaurant on our way. The destination is a place called Aquaboulevard. I've heard of this place, but never knew what it was. It's not too far from us, just south on line 8 in the 15th arrondissement. We were already running a bit late, so I knew that a restaurant was out of the question. However, when we got there, I noticed that there was a McDonald's inside. That was suffice.

Zac and I entered and THAT'S when I fell in love. Upon entering, you see Decathlon to your right. It's the equivalent of Oshman's or Academy in the States. Then, you look to your left and it's the entrance to the indoor waterpark. WHAT? Then you go up an escalator and there are signs that tells you to go straight for the food court. Once you get to the food court, you see the 14 screen cinema. Then you look to the right and you see the water park. Oh it was an overload of the senses.Zac and I waited in line for about 20 minutes at McDo. The French tend to make fun of American ways, but there more people eating McDonald's here than I have ever seen at home. I ordered the Filet 'o Fish and got Zac some nuggets. The fries come with ketchup AND a mayonnaise-type condiment. I've actually sold out to it. I don't necessarily prefer it to ketchup, but it's in a close second.

I love him.
Afterwards, I took Zac to the entrance to meet up with his friends. Then I twirled around Decathlon for bit before buying the kids some more swimming skivvies. His are a little run-down and see-through. It was time for a new pair. I went to check out which movies were playing. I noticed that all of them were VF, which stands for "version francais". This also means that I won't understand it. After a little bit of defeat, I went home to relax (aka nap) for a couple of hours before hopping back on the train to pick him up from the party.

We are making plans to spend our next free Wednesday at Aquaboulevard. I am not sure if it's going to happen, but it will at some point. Fantasy Island I will call it.

1 comment:

INTRI-KATE said...

um, i would like to go to disney land paris immediately. y'all gonna go there?