This candle actually says "my heart" in French, which makes me laugh because when I was a kid I used to think my last name was pronounced that way. There was a song called My Heart and I would co crazy when the song came on and say "That's me! That's me!"Rue de Grenelle near the Eiffel Tower.

Hot Dogs roasting on Pont d'Alma.
The Eiffel Tower sparkling at midnight exactly. I think I must have been jumping around or something because it's not my best photos, but it's the photo to document the time.
The Grand Palais from where we were standing at midnight.
As soon as 2008 came in, we had to rush to find the nearest metro for Adeline so that she could take it to her bus which arrived at 1am. We made it to the Champs Elysees/Clemenceau metro, but it was closed down by police because there were too many people. Then we were forced to walk down the Champs Elysees to the next stop. It was chaos. People were EVERYWHERE. Luckily, there weren't too many obnoxious drunks. By the time we got to Place de la Concorde, Adeline decided that we might as well go the Madeleine metro for her to take line 14 which would be quicker. This was where we said goodbye. Then I was on my own for 2008. It seems like a sad thought, but I loved being in Paris on January 1st walking alone in the midst of massive crowds, reflecting on 2007. I drank it in and took my time. The lights add such a warmth to the city. It wasn't even that cold out, but had enough briskness to remind me it was winter.At the Madeleine metro station.
Saint Marie-Madeleine, also known as Madeleine.
The lights that line rue Saint-Honore.
Place de la Concorde
If you can't tell, there were a ton of people walking around the city. I took this picture just before crossing the Pont de la Concorde on my way home.
Cars along the quai passing Tuileries towards the Louvre.
Ahhhh, the Eiffel Tower, Pont Alexandre III, and the Grand Palais.
A view of the Louvre and Notre Dame from Pont de la Concorde.
The shoes that escorted me into 2008. What better than a pair of Converse that prove that I sold out to the Parisian style.
I had a feeling that I would start the year off this way. I didn't have a problem with the thought either. It was one of the most memorable nights because I was able to take in everything. The place, the sounds, the smells, the coolness of the air, the excitement of the promise of a new year, and things in mind that I plan to accomplish. It's all possible. So let's get started!

No comments:
Post a Comment