I asked my friend Alexia if she would like to bring Adrian, her little guy to the movie also. I met Alexia at Zac's school. The little boy she nannies is a year younger than Zac. For months we've been trying to get the two to become friends. Zac has told me, "Connie, I will NEVA be fwiends wit him. Neva. It will not happen." I was beginning to give up. Until today.
We arrived at the metro station first. I told Zac that Alexia was coming, but never mentioned that Adrian was. He really loves Alexia, and he couldn't wait to see her. He stood at the top of the escalator waiting.
They showed up and the looks on the two boys' faces was priceless. They both rolled their eyes and basically hid from each other. We got into the cinema and I could tell they wanted to play so badly, but not enough to appear uncool. Status quo remained. We got into the room and found some seats. Alexia and I sat next to each other, Zac was in front of me and Adrian was about two rows back. They wouldn't sit next to each other.The movie was cute. I understood about one-fourth of it, but that's okay, I need to watch more movies in French or else I will never catch on. Once it ended, I began cleaning our area and found myself holding our two Coca Light bottles. I gave one to Zac and one to Adrian and told them to play "swords" with them. That was it! They were beating each other and laughing and couldn't get enough. They were instant friends. All they needed was a little "boy aggression" to break the ice. We left and got on the metro and found ourselves amazed and relieved at how quickly they had taken a liking to each other. Best friends in five minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment