Thursday, June 28, 2007

Finally! I got my temporary carte de sejour...

Yes, it's true, it finally happened except I am quite bitter. Here is why:

I have everything I need. I wait in line for only about a half hour this time. I get up to the front and a younger guy calls me up. He is going through my papers and I tell him that I didn't understand a few things. He looks up at me and said, very calmly "Be quiet." I said "d'accord". Point taken. He sends me upstairs with my number - D006. I wait for another hour or so. My number is called. Low and behold, guess who helps me out? You betcha, the lady that told me yesterday, "The woman in charge of the first time applicants for the carte de sejour is out sick today." Yes, there she was, in the flesh. Luckily I had all the papers I needed. I had a few things to sign. She asks me to take a seat while she gives her boss the paperwork and then she will call me back up.

Success. I only got a temporary since I am not officially enrolled in school. I will have to do this all over again in September. YAY!

4 comments:

Bec said...

I'm so glad you finally got it! Always look on the bright side - and yes, there is a bright side - at least you know what all you have to do when you go back in September!!

Kayla said...

Pretty picture!! :)

connie said...

The pic was taken down in a metro station. They have those picture booths and you pay 4 euros for four pictures. Not too shabby. I hate the bangs, but I'll get over it.

INTRI-KATE said...

Ha! I totally remember the system in France where waiting in line to get anything done was about as frustrating as trying to velcro your hair.