I had some time yesterday so I walked over to Shakespeare and Company across from Notre Dame. It's such a quaint and ecclectic book store. I love walking around in there, although you are cramped trying to fit through the aisles with other people. I ended up getting another book by David Sedaris, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. He wrote Me Talk Pretty One Day and I laughed my head off and cried from the hilarity more times than I can count. I also got Oh La La! Connie Pickles by Sabine Durrant. It's about a girl named Connie that moved to Paris. I mean, come on, this book was just made for me! Then I got the Pulitzer Prize winning Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. These books are quite expensive since English books are hard to come by. Most are shipped from England as their original prices are in pounds. The grand total was 36 euros, which is about $48.75.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
3 books and 36 euros later
I am looking forward to Greece, but realize that my time there will be a little different. I won't have the modern technologies of today's world. I will have a beach, kiddos, board games, and food. That's about it. I guess it's time to exercise the noggin and read a bit.
I had some time yesterday so I walked over to Shakespeare and Company across from Notre Dame. It's such a quaint and ecclectic book store. I love walking around in there, although you are cramped trying to fit through the aisles with other people. I ended up getting another book by David Sedaris, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. He wrote Me Talk Pretty One Day and I laughed my head off and cried from the hilarity more times than I can count. I also got Oh La La! Connie Pickles by Sabine Durrant. It's about a girl named Connie that moved to Paris. I mean, come on, this book was just made for me! Then I got the Pulitzer Prize winning Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. These books are quite expensive since English books are hard to come by. Most are shipped from England as their original prices are in pounds. The grand total was 36 euros, which is about $48.75.
I had some time yesterday so I walked over to Shakespeare and Company across from Notre Dame. It's such a quaint and ecclectic book store. I love walking around in there, although you are cramped trying to fit through the aisles with other people. I ended up getting another book by David Sedaris, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. He wrote Me Talk Pretty One Day and I laughed my head off and cried from the hilarity more times than I can count. I also got Oh La La! Connie Pickles by Sabine Durrant. It's about a girl named Connie that moved to Paris. I mean, come on, this book was just made for me! Then I got the Pulitzer Prize winning Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. These books are quite expensive since English books are hard to come by. Most are shipped from England as their original prices are in pounds. The grand total was 36 euros, which is about $48.75.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yay! I'm so glad you went! Isn't it marvelous??? When I was over there (don't you love how I relate everything to myself...) I was desperate for novels written in English. I didn't care how much they cost...I stocked up so I wouldn't go out of my mind. You're gonna love Angela's Ashes. It's very well written.
Post a Comment