Sunday, November 4, 2007

Girls Night - 3 Frenchies, 1 Brit, 1 American

Oh what a great night! I had some close friends over for dinner and a movie. The family has been out of town in Normandie so I was able to use their oven to cook lasagna. It took about an hour and a half, but by the time I pulled it out of the oven, it was exactly when everyone arrived. I carried it to the lift and made my way down. Becky was waiting for me down there and helped me carry a few things up to my place. As we made our way up the stairs, we could hear the chatter of Anne, Celine, and Adeline.

We were ready to eat and decided to opt for the coffee table to eat, rather than the dinner table. It was so cozy and yummy. It's nice to have good conversation and company in my flat since I am so used to the company of my own thoughts on my red sofa. Celine and Anne brought the dessert. So once the salad and lasagna were out of the way, the dessert made it's debut. I don't even know the name of the little donut-hole sized dessert, but they were fantastic with the whipped cream. Then there were brownies/cake. We couldn't decide what they were. Frankly, we didn't care, we just ate it. The entertainment was the can of whip. It was like a firehose that had a mind of it's own. Once you pushed the button, you had no idea where it would decide to land.



After eating, we looked through the movies and decided on Serendipity. It's so nice to watch a new movie with friends. I had seen it, but they hadn't. About every ten minutes, there would be a gasp -- "hhhhuuuu"...."oooooohhh", then the occasional laugh. Adeline provided the voice over dub of the silly scenes that were a tiny bit corny for our taste. Most were in French, but if I understood it, I made sure to laugh louder than the others.

After it was over, I popped in a disc of the ten best episodes of Friends. Everyone stayed to watch one of them. Celine, Anne, and Adeline left, but Becky stayed for more Friends until the latest possible minute - just before the metro stopped.


I love you girls...thanks for a great night!

3 comments:

The Barnyards said...

How FUN!!! Wish I could have shared in such a night!!

Abhay Ghiara said...

What a beautiful blog! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Fun!