I woke up around 10:30 because the sun was hot on my face. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed for a book and read for a couple of hours before going downstairs to start my day. My kitchen doors have blocked out how much cleaning needed to be done, so I tackled it. And I'm telling you, I cleaned like a madwoman today. Nooks and crannies, clean. Down to scrubbing my rug, good gosh, I'm nuts.
I listened to music, sang, had a few dialogues, and a few monologues (with myself, of course). The windows were open and blowing in a great breeze. My gardenia is in full bloom and filling my flat with fragrance. All good. I had to stop and get ready for a picnic with girlfriends.
I took the bus over to the Louvre to meet up. Yesterday we spent time sitting on the Pont des Arts and had THE MOST RANDOM men come up to us. Disturbing and appalling things. It's all for a later blog. I'm waiting on photos from the girls.
So we sat and relaxed and ate and talked. Collette is a friend of Ellie's. She's also Australian. She's been in Europe for a couple of months on a tour. We spent time together just before she had to depart back to her native beach land. The sun was hot and beating down showing no mercy for those of us that dressed for fall/winter weather. Johanna was the photographer of the picnic photos.


Thanks Joha for being my personal historian...
Then I decided that I deserved some flowers. I rarely do this. It's just been an odd few days and felt that having flowers in my flat would be the most perfect thing. Then I walked to the fleurist down the street and picked out three different roses, two dozen total. I LOVE this place. Once you pick out the ones you want, you take them inside and they arrange and wrap them for you. Oh I love France! I walked home, listening to some tunes.
I grabbed a vase from the family's flat, then went upstairs to give my flowers a home. The vase was too small, so I put some in an old Coke bottle I had and spiced that up with a ribbon. I picked up my Whole Foods bag and left again, this time for Proxi for groceries because my fridge was hurtin' for some food. I filled up the bag with all the good stuff, including wine. There is something about having a clean apartment, full fridge, fresh flowers, and a night off.
Now I'm about to sautee some eggplant, onions, peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes and lay them on a bed of rice. Drink it with some wine and watch a good movie. I'll finish the night off with some coffee and reading on my sofa. And there you have it.

3 comments:
Wau you did well!
Good cleaning, looks like a hotel room.
It smells fantastic! Just imagine me sitting in that chair last night eating the veggie specialty of mine that you love so much. Missed your company. See you in Sweden! ha.
What a clean apartment!!! Such a cool place!! love ya!
Post a Comment