Monday, August 11, 2008

Me an Irishmun...

My first day in Ireland. It's fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
I was only able to bring one book because I was so fearful of going over my weight limit, which was so not an issue. So I bought the autobiography of Bob Dylan. Wonderful so far. I walked around a while, sat at St. Stephen's Green Park to watch the ducks and swans, then read for a while. Then I found this perfect pub, but was too scared to go in. I really want to go in one night this week because it's supposed to be the best for live music. We'll see. After, I went to find the restaurant Naked, which is owned by Bono's brother and is organic and very 'green' if you know what I mean. I wasn't quite hungry, so I walked across the street to O'Donoghue's Pub for a pint of Guinness (my first) and sat and read. I couldn't finish it. Just couldn't muster up the belly room. Afterwards I walked over to Naked and had the most fantastic chicken burrito ever. So healthy and so tasty. I sat there and read some more. On my walk back over the river, I found a Marks and Spencer's store (my favorite store in all of the UK) and bought some groceries to last the week so that I can save mucho money. I will be eating cereal, sandwiches and fruit. Cheap cheap. That's about all for now. I love the hostel I'm at. Well only I didn't know that I would have to bring my own towel, so tonight I'm going to bed dirty. I know, I'm gross. But I'm going to run first thing in the morning, so I'll grab a towel while I'm out. The hostel offers free breakfast...bonus.

Tomorrow I plan to travel to the country and coast. Oh and I will see Bono's house! Until then.

Oh and I am just at an internet cafe so I won't post pics till after I am back. Shoot, it might be September till I get around to it. Sorry peeps.

No comments: