Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bon Voyage

This blog was bound to end at some time or another and I'm writing now to give that news. I booked my flight for Dallas a couple of nights ago. I found out last Saturday that my father has cancer. Although it will be sad to leave this city I've come to see as home, but right now there is no place I'd rather be than with family. I will arrive home next Monday. The hardest thing I've ever had to do is tell these kids the news. It was excruciatingly difficult. I didn't think my heart could take it. I have one more precious week with them and then I'll be with them all next weekend while their parents are away. It will be a good time of closure. Then I'll have breakfast with them on Monday before taking a cab to the airport. I'm dreading that last hug from each of them. Things have been working out so well. A very good friend of mine is taking my place. The children know her and little Zac adores her. Everything has fallen into place. It is confirmation that this is the right thing. I've been soaking up Paris in these last days. I love this city and I will never love another place so much. It is deep in me. Paris will always be a part of me and a part of my story. I've enjoyed the journey and sharing it with you. I'd start to write and take photos of Garland, Texas, but I'm quite sure it wouldn't be all that exciting. Thanks for reading!

Merci et au revoir!

6 comments:

Carri said...

Oh Connie! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'll definitely pray for your family during this time.

I have so enjoyed reading about all of your adventures and I've come to love Paris because of getting to experience it vicariously through you! I cannot imagine how hard it will be to leave the family...I'll pray for that, too!

Good luck with your future endeavors, and I promise we all want to read about those, too! You have a great way of telling stories...don't stop!

God bless!

Lydia said...

Connie - I am sorry to hear about your father. As a child of a cancer survivor, I can say that it is a very strange journey, but you learn a lot. I will pray for his health. I will also pray that your last few days in Paris are fulfilling. I hope it doesn't seem like too much of an abrupt end to your time there. I am sure those kids are better people for being around you!

Lydia

megan k said...

When we left the ranch, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.. I am so sorry you have to leave, but yet I'm selfishly glad to get to call you instead of email. The cicumstances are awful awful awful. I bet your dad will be glad to have you home. I'm glad.

I'm sure you'll always have a place to stay in Paris.

connie said...

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. This has been an AMAZING journey and honestly, it feels like it is ending when it's supposed to. Really. Everything, every last detail, has worked out perfectly - from the tiny details to the finding of the PERFECT replacement. It's a bittersweet time right now, but the timing is right. The Lord's hand is in it all. Thank you for reading over the last couple of years. I plan to go back for holidays and such, which is much to look forward to!

Liz Burley said...

Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, and am so glad everything is so clear with the next step before you. Praying for your transition back. Thanks for "sharing" your love of the city with many, and with me through being a sweet spontaneous friend to me when I was in Paris last Fall. Blessings,
Liz Burley

The Barnyards said...

Love you,friend. Praying for and the kids as you give eachother those last hugs. Can't wait to talk to you. I will miss enjoying Paris through you. Talk to you soon.